Ubuntu Touch is a version of Ubuntu that runs on mobile devices. It can be found in phones and tablets. Although it is growing and improving little by little, it has a lack of applications compared to other platforms. One way to address this problem is by writing documentation to facilitate the task. For this purpose I started the course in August 2016.
The course is currently in Spanish and English. The version in Spanish was the initial version so it has more content published. For its part, the English version begins in February 2017. In April 2017 Canonical announced that it was leaving Ubuntu Touch. The project was continued by UBports.
There are several resources associated with the course:
I hope you like the course.
- Installing the development tools
- Creating a Web App
- Creating a QML App
- Introduction to QML language
- Organizing components
- Formatting labels and events
- Adapting the interface to the screen (Spanish only - Translation in progress)
- Creating Custom Components (Spanish only - Translation in progress)
- Application Logic (Spanish only - Translation in progress)
- Native desktop applications with QML
- Introduction to the application
- Advanced QML concepts
- Database access with QML
- QML and Charts